Thursday, January 28, 2010

Growing Up Creepie

Newly discovered...I will write more about this new find after I watch the first season...Growing Up Creepie is a televison cartoon (Discovery Kids) I just happened to run into yesterday and I just can't get enough. Creepie Creature is a goth girl raised by a family of insects. She attends a "normal" school complete with jocks, preppy girls obsessed with cell phones, geeks, etc....she finds that she doesn't fit in nor does she want to. She seems to be drawn to things that go outside the norm. I just watched an episode where she falls in "love" with a boy she thinks is part tarantula, but is disheartened when she realizes it is just an act. At the end of each episode Creepie divulges interesting facts about whichever insect is highlighted in each episode. For example, the characteristics of tarantulas. So far I love this show, but I still have eight or so episodes before I finish the entire first season. I think kids up to 11 or 12 years old would really enjoy this cartoon especially those kids who may feel a bit out of place and different.

http://kids.discovery.com/fansites/creepie/show.html
http://www.commonsensemedia.org/tv-reviews/growing-creepie





No comments:

Post a Comment